Sunday 30 August 2015

Departure - the adventure begins

Well, the day is finally here, my bags are packed and I am ready to go. Leaving Calgary on British Airways to London Heathrow, a short layover, and on to Stockholm, Sweden.
British Airways configuration on the Boeing 767 is one forward facing seat and one rear facing. I don't remember it being awkward last time, but it definitely was this time. So what choice do I have but to start talking. Turns out he was just finishing up a business trip to Yellowknife, and on his way back home to Israel. Good job NWT in bringing out the northern lights! Interesting fellow (married, before you ask), he has trekked all over the world, and has been to most of the places I will be going to. He says that I am going to love Slovenia. We were a little late leaving Heathrow, the sun was setting by the time we began our approch, but I did get a glimpse of the landscape. I am glad that I decided to stay near the airport, as I wasn't feeling very well by the time we landed. And because 10 hours in a plane isn't enough, I am spending the night in a 747, at Jumbo Stay.


Tomorrow - Stockholm

3 comments:

  1. Yay - your first blog post ;) So glad you arrived safe and sound (and, BTW, "So what choice do I have but to start talking." cracked me up). Your 'berth' looks fabulous - hope it's a restful and comfortable sleep! And that you're feeling better when you get up!!

    I'm geared up and ready to travel virtually - looking forward to the 'sights'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am prepared to travel vicariously through you... Hope tomorrow is a better day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm just ready to travel! Have fun put there! Don't come home until you've had a little sunburn on your nose, a romance and a moment of soul singing joy!

    ReplyDelete