Tuesday 3 November 2015

Flavian amphitheatre

Late, but thought I'd post it.
It was another nice day in Rome and we were are off to tour the Colosseum. When we first arrived in Rome this is the first thing I wanted to see. It is quite the structure. Terry had booked us in a tour, as it's the only way to gain access to the basement and the third level. Lots of information gained about the construction and how the amphitheatre was used. One of the things that amazed, and horrified, me was the number of animals killed during the 'games'.











After lunch we walked through the palatine hill and themforum.




1 comment:

  1. Stunning - the size of it is massive! As always, great pictures...it's been a blast going on this holiday with you, Brenda! And I didn't even have to leave the comfort of my chair...OK, so I couldn't taste all the gelatos, but my butt probably is thankful for that ;)

    ReplyDelete