Friday 16 October 2015

Cinque Terre

Arrived in Cinque Terre early afternoon on October 14. Ran into a young couple from Fort Mac that were on the food tour. They gave me some info on the workings of the area, before they caught the train to go check out the other towns. I am staying in Monterosso for 3 nights. Find my Airbnb accommodation with no problem. Settle in and go for a quick tour if the town and dinner by the sea.

Only two trails are currently open. I am going to walk from Monterosso to Vernazza, 3.6 km. Nice walk, the trail is in good shape.

Looking back at Monterosso from the trail.


Approaching Vernazza


 Time for a gelato, before catching the train to Manarola.

My view while I have bruschetta and wine for lunch today.

I was planning on returning to Monterosso, but the first train coming was heading to Riomaggiore, so I went. Pretty busy town, didn't stay long.



Day 2
Thunderstorm overnight, but the sky is clearing. Going to take the train to Vernazza, and then walk to Corniglia (3.45km) the last town to visit. Trail is muddy in a few spots, but overall in good shape considering the rain.

Leaving Vernazza

First glimpse of Corniglia


3 comments:

  1. That was some elevation on that hike! Love the town on the cliff and the color of the buildings. How was the bruschetta???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was excellent! Arugula, tomato and parmesan.

    Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete