Wednesday 21 October 2015

Uffizi

The B&B that I am staying in doesn't have a breakfast room, I have a coupon for the cafe at the corner, which is awesome, cause I get to see real Italian life. Busy little joint as people come in for their shot of espresso on the way to work.

I decide to see if I can get into the Uffizi gallery today, or maybe Saturday. No lineup, pay my admission and go right in. Made a tourist mistake, thought I was buying a guide to the gallery, when what I bought was a book on the great masters displayed at the Uffizi. So not much help in the gallery, oh well.

After I was done at the gallery I walked up to the Piazzle Michelangelo. Great views of the city. And you can really appreciate how big the duomo is!

 View from Piazzale Michelangiolo


A couple more churches, 'cause it's Italy after all

 Beggar's door

Thanks to Janet, it was the best gelato! Vivoli; gelateria fiorentina artigianale.
I will be going back to this shop!!!

Had an enjoyable evening at the wine bar. We had a very nice Chianti Classico.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! So glad it was great - this guy went on and on about it! You didn't mention what flavour today????

    Love the architecture!

    ReplyDelete