Saturday 24 October 2015

Last day in Florence and onto Umbria

Low key day for my last in Florence. Went to the Galileo museum today. Really a good museum.
Aristotelian planetarium

Brachistochronous fall and inclined plane

First gelato of the day at Gelateria dei Neri: cioccolato messicano and della casa (Mexican chocolate and cheesecake). The chocolate was amazing.

On the hunt for my second gelato, decided that I could actually go for some lunch. Found a place that looked great. Inquired about a table, the waiter said one minute. He came back with a deal for me, I would have to wait 5-10 minutes for a table, in exchange he handed me a glass of prosecco. That's a deal I could get on board with. At Jacqui's suggestion that I eat more pizza, but nothing weird like tuna fish. I went with the tuna fish and sweet onion pizza. It was very good, I'd have it again for sure. Sat in the square eating my pizza and drinking red wine, had a nice chat with some German tourists. Was getting late in the afternoon, I had planned on visiting the Boboli Gardens, but it would be closing soon so took a pass. Went back to Perched no! For my second gelato of the day. Went with milk with honey and sesame, another amazing flavour.

Sunday was a travel day. Heading to Todi in Umbria. Took the train to Perugia, and took a private car transfer to Todi. Being Sunday there wasn't a train till early evening, and I had no interest in hanging around for the afternoon. Terry picked a great place for our stay in Umbria. An old monetary. A short walk up the hill lands me in Todi.


Walked around, and up and down the streets of this small town. What did I come across, a gelateria. Pistachio is not my favorite flavour, but nice gelato. Did need to eat something besides gelato, found a tiny takeout pizza place. It had focaccia pizza by the slice, surprised how good this was! Terry arrived about 1:30am.

We were picked up at 10:30am for a wine tasting. Great food and wine. Even the dog likes grapes! Reminded me of Patches and MC and their love of raspberries




Blogger is giving me trouble and I cannot resize the pictures no remove them, sorry. And that dog looks slightly possessed/demonic.

Back to the hotel, Terry needs a nap. In the early evening we walk up to Todi, and have drinks in the palazzo and stop at Degi's Pizza for a slice.

You will notice no gelato today. Good to know I am not an addict, yet.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say about that dog...looks rabid (and rather skinny). Oh how Patches and MC loved the raspberries!!

    Good to know you had a gelato free day :) Can't wait to hear more about the monastery (cool place to stay)...maybe a pic or two? Enjoy your time with Terry - and your last week of vacay!!!

    ReplyDelete