Tuesday 20 October 2015

Florence

Arrived in Florence mid afternoon. Short walk to my B&B. Pleased with accommodation. Head out to meet up for my 'Florence at Twilight' tour. City is busy with tourists, but still mange to arrive at the meeting point early. So what to do: have gelato! Today's flavours, tiramisu and panacotta caramello, oh so good.

There are four of us on the tour. Our guide is Patrizia. Great couple hours learning about Florence. At the end she is providing restaurant recommendations. When she finds out where I am staying she tells me about an unique wine bar close. She offers to show me where it is as it's not too far from where her scooter is parked. It's closed. So off to a different bar for an aperitivo: for €10 you get a cocktail and a buffet. Perfect. Great conversation. We plan to meet up tomorrow night, to check out a different wine bar.





2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've got company - you'll have to let me know if you go to that gelato place the TV guy suggested! Have fun...oh, wait - a wine bar and Brenda, never mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Florence! Of Rome, Venice and Florence, it was my fave!

    ReplyDelete