Monday 21 September 2015

Plitvice Lakes National Park

On the move this morning. 30 minute walk to pick up my rental car (scoped it out on Saturday so I knew exactly where to go when lugging my bags!). Thanks for the upgrade, Audi A6. GPS took me the scenic, ie. back way, out of Split but wasn't long before I was on my way. A1 is a great highway, posted speed limit most of the way 130 kph. Wind was really blowing in spots, really grateful for the upgrade. Once I left the A1 things slowed down considerably. About 3 hours and I arrived at the park.

Plitvice Lakes was declared a National park in 1949, making it the oldest and largest (294.82 square kilometres) national park in Croatia. It was included in the UNESCO list of World Natural Heritage sites in 1979.
I walked both the upper and lower lakes, but these photos are only of the lower lakes.








And here's why I don't take selfies...


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Next one we just want the nose down maybe?

    Oh, and beautiful-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a selfie... its a half a selfie...

    ReplyDelete