Sunday 6 September 2015

Vacation


Well the time has come for me to move onto the second leg of my journey. Stockholm is a terrific city, and I will definitely be back! Stockholm looks like it might be a crazy city on the weekend. On the way to the run start, I saw what I can only guess was the end of a Friday night stag. Blue furry costume topped off with a tiara. Belinda says we don't where tiaras enough, obviously these guys think so too. Then on the way back to the hotel after the run, 4 young guys, in what I imagine was some fraternity prank (or at least hope) were outfitted in man thongs. Lime green man thongs. They were getting their share of whistles and cat calls. Unlike tiaras, some things should NEVER be worn.
Heavy rain showers this morning made it a little easier to leave.

A 3 hour flight lands me in Croatia. I am staying in Cavtat, just south of Dubrovnik. I knew it was a vacation spot, but it is even more than I expected! I think I am going to like my time here.

Dubrovnik in the distance

Lunch stop

View from my room, overlooking Tiha Bay.
Yes, I think I am going to like it here very much.

After a little nap, spent some time on the deck staring out at the sea. Next on to dinner. In the spirit of keeping Janet and Jacqui happy more about food, and I've included a picture (I have discovered that I am uncomfortable taking pictures of my food). Grilled fish, vegetables, and real potatoes. And a serious amount of olive oil, very tasty.


After dinner took a stroll, and check out this sunset!


And I believe that I have found a 'theme' for my trip: worst tourist taken photograph.
Contender #2


2 comments:

  1. When we were in the UK, I think it was Bristol? Not sure, but there was a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and after it let out, hundreds and hundreds of Dr. Frankenfurter were out roaming the streets.

    I like the photo, actually love it. It continues the horror movie theme. Remember to look behind you if they ask you to "take another step back".

    Hi to Samer if he's on your group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunset! And I love the 'silhouette'...perhaps that's what the helpful tourist was going for??? And thanks for the food inclusion...you don't necessarily have to take pictures, but descriptions and how it tasted would satisfy this virtual traveller :)

    Love the 'lunch' picture with the glass of wine!!!!

    Looks beautiful there. So glad 'we' decided to visit there!

    ReplyDelete