Thursday 20 October 2016

Casual day in Prague

Feeling lazy this morning. Not sleeping through the night, so I am going to blame it on that. After a slow start to the morning, I finally get out the door. Thankful that it is not raining, and hoping the sun makes an appearance.

View from my hotel
Bronze Babies

Memorial to the victims of communism. The bronze strip running up the center shows estimates of those impacted by communism:
205,486 arrested
170,938 forced into excile
4,500 died in prison
327 shot trying to escape
248 executed
The Broken Men
Hunger Wall

View from Petrín Park

Entry to monastery library.
Philosophical Room. The staircases to the gallery are hidden in the corned by false book spines.
What a great view, think I'll sit for a bit an enjoy a beer, or two.


Sausage for lunch

Stahov Monastery
Look what I found! The shop was not as charming as in Budapest, but gel to was fine. Salted caramel, blood orange with ginger, and dolce de leche.

Every time I pass this building I think how charming it is. 


Surprised by how many swans are in the river.


1 comment:

  1. Love the window boxes on that building! Another fabulous day of pictures, thanks! Did you have to climb a hill to get to the beer place - awesome views from up there. And salted caramel - yummy! Glad you found some gelato...I hope it helps you sleep :)

    ReplyDelete