Wednesday 19 October 2016

Kuntá Hora

Trip out of the city today, destination Junta Hora (east of Prague). A little rainy this morning. Down at Republic Square early to join my tour. There are 19 of us. It takes us a little over an hour to reach Kuntá Hora.

Sedlec Ossuary, Church of Bones
 40,000 human skeletons inside







Schwarzenberg family coat of arms
St. Barbara's Church







False bridge, a replica of the Charles Bridge in Prague.



Next stop was the Italian Court. It was the seat of the Central Mint of Prague. Great little tour.


We then had a little free time to wander and have a bite to eat. I found a little sandwich shop, for about $2.50 I had two small open faced sandwiches (roast beef and salami).

Random buildings in Kuntá Hora.



Back in Prague I stop for a hot wine, even though the sun is out now there is a chill in the air. My hotel is at the end of this square (behind me, I am facing Charles Bridge, which is at the other end of the square). Kampa Island is separated by a stretch of river called Devil's Stream. Likely named after a house nearby called 'At the Seven Devils', named after a sharp-tongued woman.



 After a little break, headed out for a little bite of dinner. Klobasa with cabbage salad, and a Czech beer. Perfect!



1 comment:

  1. The Sedlac Ossuary is a little spooky - right timing for Halloween. The second church - oh, my! BEAUTIFUL! Love the pics of the buildings - thanks for including that in your post. Looks and sounds like it was a great day, even with the rain!

    ReplyDelete