Monday 17 October 2016

Praha

So on to Prague! Early to the train station of course, but travelling first class allows me entry to the lounge. If I'm just hanging around waiting it might as well be where I need to be. Train ends up being late, about 20 minutes. I don't think this is going to be good for my scheduled pickup. I try sending an email, but no joy. I don't see anyone around the station with my name on a sign. I haven't prepared myself to take the metro, but there's another couple from the train and together we navigate ourselves into town. They are off just one stop ahead of me. I then walk about half a mile, plus a bit 'cause I backtracked unsure of my directions. Finally arrive at my hotel. Gal at reception is great, apologetic about the ride from the station, sounds like they might give me a free transfer to the airport in exchange, win!

After settling in, I head out to investigate my area and to find some dinner.

First shot of Charles Bridge, I am sure there will be many.

Canal, I am staying on Kampa Island

'Piss' by David Ferny. I had read about strange statues in Prague, didn't expect to see one on my first night. The pond is in the shape of the Czech Republic. Apparently you can send a text message and the statue will spell it out, yeah not going to bother.



Duck pate with cranberries, a little like Thanksgiving
Narrow stairwell, red and green lights to allow passage. I think it's just an entrance to the restaurant below.



1 comment:

  1. Ha, I love that statue!!! I thought they were having a pissing contest, didn't notice the shape of the pond.

    Love the night shots - not sure about the duck pate, though! Enjoy your time there!!

    ReplyDelete