Friday 7 October 2016

Jewish Tour

Today is the Jewish tour with guide Norbert.


Plaque at one of the locations of the gates into the old walled city. Of course like most cities and towns the Jews were forced to live outside of the city walls.


Don't forget to look up, lots of good stuff up there.

Dohany Street Synagogue
www.greatsynagogue.hu








The tour ends with a stop in a ruin bar.


Then to Kazimir for lunch (spot recommended by Norbert for it's duck sausage).


Slow roasted duck drumstick with duck sausage served wit red onion chutney and duck liver mashed potatoes. I thought maybe too much duck? But no, it was so good.

Decided to go pick up my race bib for Sunday. 



Saw some activity over at City Park so walked over to check it out. Chimney Cake Festival!

Good and fresh
Lots of food available


Palace at night

Sorbet tonight: plum cinnamon and basil lemon. Oh my...



1 comment:

  1. Ooh, two blogs for my morning read. I feel like I know this one already - LOL But, still, awesome pics! What an amazing history.

    ReplyDelete