Monday 10 October 2016

Parliament and Hospital in the Rock

Tour of the parliament at 8:15.

Imre Nagy again, I like this shot better

Ethnography museum, had planned on visiting after the museum, but I forgot it's closed on Mondays, oops.


Golden Staircase
Cigar holder. The lords would leave their cigars burning when they went in to listen to the speeches. You could then tell if it was a good or boring speech by the length of the ash. A good speech "was worth a Havana."






We were allowed to take picture everywhere except in the dome, unfortunately my pictures do not due the building justice. The dome is 96 meters high, same height as the basilica. And no other buildings are allowed to be higher.
Parliament

Next, walk along the Danube over Chain bridge to the castle district again. The map I have isn't the best, adequate as I have been able to get around using it. Not quite clear on the best route to the Hospital in the Rock, end up back at Matthias Church, not quite a busy as Saturday, so I decide to buy a ticket and enter. Beautiful.






 Hospital in the Rock. Fascinating.
Hospital in the Rock
No pictures allowed. They did take a group photo at the end that we can download, but they are several days behind in loading the pictures.



Not tired of this view!
Yes, again. Went with three flavours. Chocolate, plum with cinnamon and Basil Lemon.
 Finally made it across the bridge at night for a couple more shots.




Well, that's my last day in Budapest, tomorrow I'm on to Vienna. I really enjoyed my visit, didn't see everything...next time.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I am coming to expect a gelato pic in every post now :)

    Very interesting about Hospital in the Rock - would have been fascinating to see/tour. Love the photos - the architecture is amazing. And that cigar holder - ha!!

    Thanks for sharing Budapest with us...can't wait for Vienna (mmm, pastry)!! Safe travels, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete